Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Grand Re-Opening

Welcome to the grand re-opening of my blog! Hope you enjoy your stay while you brush up on skills to make you more comfortable in the wild.

In case you are wondering; I grew up with the forest as my get away. When ever the city was getting to my family, we would pack up and head to the mountains, so it is no wonder it became my second home. I learnt much there, but it was during school and cadets that I learnt most. From outdoor education, to weekend survival exercises and summer long camps, I was taught and pushed to practise many aspects of wilderness survival.

My goal by posting this information for free is to make people more comfortable in the wild, and also to maybe help save a life; though it should be known that all aspects of survival are best learnt by doing. Do not read about how to light a fire and expect to do it first try; mastering wilderness survival techniques takes practise by hand.

No comments:

Post a Comment